Wine festival in Saffron Walden
A SAFFRON Walden pub will be serving six new wines during a 19-day wine festival. The festival wines have been crafted by Matt Thomson, who was named as International White Wine Maker of the Year at the International Wine Challenge 2008 and also New Zeala
A SAFFRON Walden pub will be serving six new wines during a 19-day wine festival.
The festival wines have been crafted by Matt Thomson, who was named as International White Wine Maker of the Year at the International Wine Challenge 2008 and also New Zealand Winemaker of the Year 2008.
The six wines have not previously been served at The Temeraire and will complement up to 15 additional wines that will be available during the festival.
The festival at the Wetherspoon pub in High Street runs from Wednesday June 10 until Sunday June 28 inclusive.
You may also want to watch:
The new wines on offer are: Pinot Grigio 2008 Grave del Friuli; Ponte del Diavolo (Italy), Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2008 Steam Wharf Road (New Zealand); Grenache Blanc Chardonnay 2008 Vignes de l'Eglise (France); Rosato Veronese 2008 Alpha Zeta (Italy); Barbera d'Asti 2003 Ca' del Matt (Italy); and Hawkes Bay Merlot 2007 Stop Banks (New Zealand).
All of the wines will be sold at �2.20 for a 175ml glass, �2.89 for a 250ml glass and �7.69 for a bottle.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
Pub manager David Jarnell said: "The six new wines have been sourced for the pub from one of the world's leading winemakers, who has crafted the wines himself.
"They have not previously been served at The Temeraire and I am confident that customers will enjoy the opportunity to sample them.
"Our range of festival wines will be on a par with those served in restaurants and hotels; however they will be sold at a more affordable price."
The other wines on sale during the festival will include White Zinfandel Rose (USA), Chardonnay (Chile), Rioja (Spain), Bereich Bernkastel (Germany), Shiraz (Australia) and Merlot (USA).