Wine festival in Saffron Walden
A SAFFRON Walden pub will be serving six new wines during a 19-day wine festival. The festival wines have been crafted by Matt Thomson, who was named as International White Wine Maker of the Year at the International Wine Challenge 2008 and also New Zeala
A SAFFRON Walden pub will be serving six new wines during a 19-day wine festival.
The festival wines have been crafted by Matt Thomson, who was named as International White Wine Maker of the Year at the International Wine Challenge 2008 and also New Zealand Winemaker of the Year 2008.
The six wines have not previously been served at The Temeraire and will complement up to 15 additional wines that will be available during the festival.
The festival at the Wetherspoon pub in High Street runs from Wednesday June 10 until Sunday June 28 inclusive.
The new wines on offer are: Pinot Grigio 2008 Grave del Friuli; Ponte del Diavolo (Italy), Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2008 Steam Wharf Road (New Zealand); Grenache Blanc Chardonnay 2008 Vignes de l'Eglise (France); Rosato Veronese 2008 Alpha Zeta (Italy); Barbera d'Asti 2003 Ca' del Matt (Italy); and Hawkes Bay Merlot 2007 Stop Banks (New Zealand).
All of the wines will be sold at �2.20 for a 175ml glass, �2.89 for a 250ml glass and �7.69 for a bottle.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 3 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 4 Saffron Walden photographer's book a permanent record of life in a locked down town
- 5 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 6 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 7 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 8 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 9 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 10 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
Pub manager David Jarnell said: "The six new wines have been sourced for the pub from one of the world's leading winemakers, who has crafted the wines himself.
"They have not previously been served at The Temeraire and I am confident that customers will enjoy the opportunity to sample them.
"Our range of festival wines will be on a par with those served in restaurants and hotels; however they will be sold at a more affordable price."
The other wines on sale during the festival will include White Zinfandel Rose (USA), Chardonnay (Chile), Rioja (Spain), Bereich Bernkastel (Germany), Shiraz (Australia) and Merlot (USA).