Winning schoolchildren name new Essex homes
SCHOOL children in Clavering have won a competition to name the seven newest houses in the village.
SCHOOLCHILDREN in Clavering have won a competition to name the seven newest houses in the village.
Estate agents Mullucks Wells, who are selling the properties, asked pupils at Clavering Primary School to name the newly constructed houses in Barlee Close, basing their choice on a person, event, or occasion from the village’s history. The children were encouraged to explain the reason for their suggestion in no more than 50 words.
The winning names – including Blackberry Cottage, Chalk Cottage and Felbrook House – were selected by a judging panel comprising headteacher Gill Ford, Mullucks Wells director Daniel Galati, Tristan Frampton from White House Developments, and historian Jacky Cooper.
Mr Galati said: “We have been really impressed with the creativity and ingenuity of the children’s suggestions and are delighted that the youngest people in the village have decided the names for the area’s newest homes.”
You may also want to watch:
The winning children were Heidi Buckley, five, Elliot Wood, six, Man West, six, Titania Northover, eight, Maddy Barker, nine, and Olivia Tomlinson, 11.
The chosen names have been engraved on plaques for the new houses. In addition, the winning children have been given a mini version of their engraved plaque, and the school received a cheque for �500.
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
The two and three bedroom properties in Barlee Close, with prices ranging between �249,995 and �395,000, are officially launched onto the market this week.