Woman grabbed by neck during robbery in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
A woman was grabbed around the neck by a robber as he tried to take her bag in Stansted Mountfitchet.
The incident happened at around 10am on Tuesday, December 5, in Manor Road.
The victim, a 31-year-old woman, was walking along the street when a white Peugeot 206 pulled up beside her.
A man got out of the car and grabbed the woman around her neck.
He then pushed her to the ground as he attempted to take her bag.
The victim was able to take her back bag and get away.
However, the man had already taken a two-figure sum of cash from the bag.
- 1 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 7 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 8 £13k raised for good causes at Saffron Walden Bonfire Night
- 9 Thaxted Christmas Fayre means church calendar is 'back in full swing'
- 10 Uttlesford climate change plan goes back to the drawing board
He got back into the car and drove away, in the direction of Church Road.
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact Pc Dominic Potts at Braintree police station on 101, quoting incident 42/172107/17. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information