Woman, in 20s, arrested after crash near Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crashing into a tree near Saffron Walden last night (Thursday).
Emergency services, including the East Anglian Air Ambulance, were sent to Windmill Hill between Saffron Walden and Littlebury at 7.50pm after a Ford Focus crashed into a ditch.
Initial reports said a woman, in her 20s was trapped, but by the time firefighters arrived, no one was trapped.
Paramedics treated the woman for head injuries before she was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
Essex police said the woman was then arrested on suspicion of driving while over the limit.
You may also want to watch:
The scene was cleared by 10.30pm.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 3 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas