Woman injured as car collides with tractor
- Credit: Archant
A woman was injured after a car collided with a tractor in Newport.
The incident took place in Wicken Road, on Tuesday, at about 11.30am.
A spokesman for Saffron Walden fire station said: "We joined colleagues from Newport at a road traffic collision on Wicken Road, Newport where a car was in collision with a tractor. One female passenger was injured in the collision.
"Fire crews provided first aid until a paramedic crew arrived. The crews made the scene safe and helped police with traffic control and road safety tasks. The vehicle was then made safe and left with the police awaiting recovery."
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 11.33am on November 5 with reports of a collision in Wicken Road, Newport. We sent an ambulance and an ambulance officer.
You may also want to watch:
"One person was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, for further care."
- 1 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 2 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 3 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 4 District council urged to cancel investment
- 5 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 6 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 7 Council leader 'will not seek re-election'
- 8 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 9 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
- 10 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book