Woman is robbed of mobile phone and cash in Stansted
DETECTIVES are appealing for information and witnesses following a street robbery in Stansted.
At around 9.50pm on Tuesday February 1 two men approached a woman in her 20s from behind in Stoney Common Road, and demanded her mobile phone and cash, making threats.
The men then stole a silver Nokia mobile and around �5 in cash, and made off. The estimated total value of the stolen items is around �75.
The suspects are described as: a white man, aged between 21-40 years old, around 5ft 2ins tall, with a shaven head; a white man, aged between 21-40 years old, around 5ft 9ins tall, with dark brown, short hair.
Ds Angela McGorrell said: “This type of crime is very unusual in the Stansted area.
“The only suspect description we have is that two white men were involved in stealing a mobile phone and a small amount of cash from the woman, with one of the men being shorter than the other.”
Anyone with information about this crime is urged to call CID at Braintree on 0300 3334444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 4 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
- 7 Person has died on railway tracks near Newport, say police
- 8 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 9 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
- 10 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday