Woman is robbed of mobile phone and cash in Stansted
DETECTIVES are appealing for information and witnesses following a street robbery in Stansted.
At around 9.50pm on Tuesday February 1 two men approached a woman in her 20s from behind in Stoney Common Road, and demanded her mobile phone and cash, making threats.
The men then stole a silver Nokia mobile and around �5 in cash, and made off. The estimated total value of the stolen items is around �75.
The suspects are described as: a white man, aged between 21-40 years old, around 5ft 2ins tall, with a shaven head; a white man, aged between 21-40 years old, around 5ft 9ins tall, with dark brown, short hair.
Ds Angela McGorrell said: “This type of crime is very unusual in the Stansted area.
You may also want to watch:
“The only suspect description we have is that two white men were involved in stealing a mobile phone and a small amount of cash from the woman, with one of the men being shorter than the other.”
Anyone with information about this crime is urged to call CID at Braintree on 0300 3334444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Town council backs new support club