Woman suffers asthma attack following shed fire in Essex village

PUBLISHED: 10:22 02 August 2010 | UPDATED: 10:22 02 August 2010

Fire Service

Fire Service

Archant

A WOMAN was left suffering an asthma attack caused by shock following a shed fire in Clavering.

A WOMAN was left suffering an asthma attack caused by shock following a shed fire in Clavering.

Crews from Newport and Stansted were called to the property in Stortford Road at 8.15pm on Friday.

The officer in charge reported that the shed was 100 per cent alight. Firefighters tackled the flames using two hose reel jets, and gave the woman oxygen before leaving her in the care of the ambulance service.

The fire was fully extinguished by 8.52pm.

More to follow...


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Saffron Walden Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Saffron Walden Reporter