Woman treated for smoke inhalation after house explosion
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Saffron Walden this morning (Thursday) following reports of an explosion.
Two crews from Saffron Walden tackled a fire in the utility room of the property and a 45-year-old woman was treated for smoke inhalation.
The incident happened at around 10.15am this morning at a house in East Street. Firefighters extinguished the blaze by 10.45am and after administering oxygen therapy to the woman she was placed in the care of the ambulance service.
Crews then ventilated the property and requested the gas board attend the incident.
A spokesman from Saffron Walden fire station said: “Crews were called to reports of an explosion at a house in East Street. The resident of the property raised the alarm after she heard a loud bang in her utility room and her carbon monoxide alarm was activating.
You may also want to watch:
“When fire crews arrived at the house the utility room was smoke logged and crews in breathing apparatus entered the property to extinguish the fire. The boiler appeared to have had a small explosion and the gas board were called in to investigate.”
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler