Woman treated for smoke inhalation after house explosion
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Saffron Walden this morning (Thursday) following reports of an explosion.
Two crews from Saffron Walden tackled a fire in the utility room of the property and a 45-year-old woman was treated for smoke inhalation.
The incident happened at around 10.15am this morning at a house in East Street. Firefighters extinguished the blaze by 10.45am and after administering oxygen therapy to the woman she was placed in the care of the ambulance service.
Crews then ventilated the property and requested the gas board attend the incident.
A spokesman from Saffron Walden fire station said: “Crews were called to reports of an explosion at a house in East Street. The resident of the property raised the alarm after she heard a loud bang in her utility room and her carbon monoxide alarm was activating.
You may also want to watch:
“When fire crews arrived at the house the utility room was smoke logged and crews in breathing apparatus entered the property to extinguish the fire. The boiler appeared to have had a small explosion and the gas board were called in to investigate.”
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal