Woman treated for smoke inhalation after house explosion
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Saffron Walden this morning (Thursday) following reports of an explosion.
Two crews from Saffron Walden tackled a fire in the utility room of the property and a 45-year-old woman was treated for smoke inhalation.
The incident happened at around 10.15am this morning at a house in East Street. Firefighters extinguished the blaze by 10.45am and after administering oxygen therapy to the woman she was placed in the care of the ambulance service.
Crews then ventilated the property and requested the gas board attend the incident.
A spokesman from Saffron Walden fire station said: “Crews were called to reports of an explosion at a house in East Street. The resident of the property raised the alarm after she heard a loud bang in her utility room and her carbon monoxide alarm was activating.
You may also want to watch:
“When fire crews arrived at the house the utility room was smoke logged and crews in breathing apparatus entered the property to extinguish the fire. The boiler appeared to have had a small explosion and the gas board were called in to investigate.”
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost