Work set to start on new Hampton by Hilton hotel at Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
Work is set to start on a new hotel at Stansted Airport, which will be Europe’s largest Hampton by Hilton.
The franchise deal has been signed between the worldwide chain and developers Urban&Civic for the £45million hotel which is being built next to the terminal at the airport.
It is expected the 357-bed establishment will be ready to open in the summer of 2017, with construction to start by the end of the year.
When completed, it will be the largest Hampton by Hilton on the continent.
Patrick Fitzgibbon, senior vice president, development, Hilton Worldwide said, “The introduction of Hampton by Hilton to London Stansted Airport is consistent with our strategy of developing focused service properties sufficiently close to the airport that guests can access the terminal without a shuttle bus.
You may also want to watch:
“This strategy has proven successful for our hotels in a number of locations, including properties at airports in Gatwick, Exeter and Liverpool, and is integral to our developments in Bristol airport and here in Stansted. With more scheduled European destinations than any other UK airport, Stansted is an ideal location at which to develop our economy brand.”
Robin Butler, managing director of Urban&Civic, which bought the two-acre site from MAG Property and secured planning permission, added: “We are delighted to have signed the franchise agreement with Hampton by Hilton and look forward to providing a warm welcome to travellers using Stansted Airport. This is a key site for us as we continue to invest in the growth potential of the London-Stansted-Cambridge corridor. Good design in the right location is a touchstone for Urban&Civic and this hotel will be no exception.”
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
Lynda Shillaw, CEO of MAG Property, the development division of the airport’s owners, said: “We are pleased to confirm the completion of the deal with Urban&Civic to create a 357-bed Hampton by Hilton hotel at London Stansted Airport, supporting the increased passenger growth at the UK’s fastest growing airport.
“At MAG Property, we know airport property and we know how to help our occupiers and partners to get the most out of our unique airport locations. Our deal with Urban&Civic is another great example in action.”