Work starts on Wendens Ambo playground
WORK has begun on a new playground for the children of Wendens Ambo.
The play area will offer exciting activities for children aged up to 12, and includes traditional items such as swings and slides as well as the more contemporary basket-swing and ‘mini-cyclone’.
The new equipment will be situated on the village green, known as ‘The Wick’, and will be supplied by Hertfordshire-based Monster Play Systems Ltd. It is anticipated that the play park will be finished by mid-April.
The project, costing approximately £65,000, was instigated by Wendens Ambo Parish Council and Wendens Ambo Play Park committee and is the result of a combination of community fund-raising, donations and grant funding.
Isobel Grant, chairman of the parish council, said: “It is due to the hard work of everyone involved that we are able to bring this exciting project to fruition. I am sure the play park will provide a lot of fun for the children.”
You may also want to watch:
The community has been actively involved in selecting the new play park, and in supporting events organised by the WAPP committee over the last three years to raise money, including a murder mystery evening, a coast-to-coast cycle ride, a winter quiz-walk and many more.
Project funders include Essex County Council Community Initiatives Fund and Big Society Fund, Uttlesford District Council’s Jubilee Grant Scheme and Community Project Scheme, Stansted Airport Community Trust, Tom Amos Charity, The Veolia Environmental Trust and Viridor Credits Environmental Company. The latter two grants were awarded through the Landfill Communities Fund.
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 8 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 George Peasgood doubling up at Paralympics with cycling selection following triathlon call