You, too, can act - says Act Too
A SAFFRON Walden-based theatre company is offering free drama workshops to would-be actors after being awarded successful lottery funding. Act Too was given �6,286 in the Awards for All initiative, to help launch a project to encourage theatre novices of
A SAFFRON Walden-based theatre company is offering free drama workshops to would-be actors after being awarded successful lottery funding.
Act Too was given �6,286 in the Awards for All initiative, to help launch a project to encourage theatre novices of all ages to learn acting and production skills.
A group of volunteers will also help produce two short plays - Avatar and Clean Skin - at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August.
Artistic director Jenny Scott-Reid said: "If you have never exposed yourself to the wonderful world of theatre or want to sharpen your acting skills, these workshops will be a fun, practical and most importantly, a free way to spend a morning."
The drama workshops - which will be divided into adult and seven-11 and 12-16 age classes - will take place on Saturday July 18 from 10am to 12noon at Saffron Walden Town Hall.
Act Too is also holding a quiz night at the town hall on Friday July 10 to help raise funds towards its aim of supporting community drama for all.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 9 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 10 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
And the company will be premiering its two plays prior to its Edinburgh run at the town hall on August 1 at 8pm.
For further details, or to book, contact Ms Scott-Reid on 01799 502819 or email email@example.com