You, too, can act - says Act Too
A SAFFRON Walden-based theatre company is offering free drama workshops to would-be actors after being awarded successful lottery funding. Act Too was given �6,286 in the Awards for All initiative, to help launch a project to encourage theatre novices of
A SAFFRON Walden-based theatre company is offering free drama workshops to would-be actors after being awarded successful lottery funding.
Act Too was given �6,286 in the Awards for All initiative, to help launch a project to encourage theatre novices of all ages to learn acting and production skills.
A group of volunteers will also help produce two short plays - Avatar and Clean Skin - at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August.
Artistic director Jenny Scott-Reid said: "If you have never exposed yourself to the wonderful world of theatre or want to sharpen your acting skills, these workshops will be a fun, practical and most importantly, a free way to spend a morning."
You may also want to watch:
The drama workshops - which will be divided into adult and seven-11 and 12-16 age classes - will take place on Saturday July 18 from 10am to 12noon at Saffron Walden Town Hall.
Act Too is also holding a quiz night at the town hall on Friday July 10 to help raise funds towards its aim of supporting community drama for all.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
And the company will be premiering its two plays prior to its Edinburgh run at the town hall on August 1 at 8pm.
For further details, or to book, contact Ms Scott-Reid on 01799 502819 or email email@example.com