You, too, can act - says Act Too
A SAFFRON Walden-based theatre company is offering free drama workshops to would-be actors after being awarded successful lottery funding. Act Too was given �6,286 in the Awards for All initiative, to help launch a project to encourage theatre novices of
A SAFFRON Walden-based theatre company is offering free drama workshops to would-be actors after being awarded successful lottery funding.
Act Too was given �6,286 in the Awards for All initiative, to help launch a project to encourage theatre novices of all ages to learn acting and production skills.
A group of volunteers will also help produce two short plays - Avatar and Clean Skin - at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August.
Artistic director Jenny Scott-Reid said: "If you have never exposed yourself to the wonderful world of theatre or want to sharpen your acting skills, these workshops will be a fun, practical and most importantly, a free way to spend a morning."
You may also want to watch:
The drama workshops - which will be divided into adult and seven-11 and 12-16 age classes - will take place on Saturday July 18 from 10am to 12noon at Saffron Walden Town Hall.
Act Too is also holding a quiz night at the town hall on Friday July 10 to help raise funds towards its aim of supporting community drama for all.
- 1 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 4 District council urged to cancel investment
- 5 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 6 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 7 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 8 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 9 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
And the company will be premiering its two plays prior to its Edinburgh run at the town hall on August 1 at 8pm.
For further details, or to book, contact Ms Scott-Reid on 01799 502819 or email email@example.com