Young enterprise team enjoy successful first outing
A TEAM of young entrepreneurs enjoyed a successful first day selling their “luxury” products in Saffron Walden.
The young enterprise team, made up of Gemma Moses, Beth Pye, Zoe Villiers and Stephen Gray from County High were tasked with coming up with a brand and a product to sell.
They created Gooseberry - a new company selling gifts and luxury bath products.
Team member Gemma said: “As a young enterprise group, we have created a business selling products that we thought had the potential to sell well to the general public.
“After coming up with our company and brand name, ‘Gooseberry’, we decided to sell bath items and handmade cards as we thought that these would make great gifts.
You may also want to watch:
After a successful first day selling their brand to the public, Gemma added: “Many shoppers commented on the ‘uniqueness’ in the design of our stall, and how ‘beautifully’ we had decorated it.
“As a team we have all learnt a huge amount from this project, including lots of management skills to get everyone motivated, and a lot regarding the money side of things.”
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 9 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 10 Stansted author to release second novel
The students will be in the market again this Saturday (Mar 17).