Young enterprise team enjoy successful first outing
A TEAM of young entrepreneurs enjoyed a successful first day selling their “luxury” products in Saffron Walden.
The young enterprise team, made up of Gemma Moses, Beth Pye, Zoe Villiers and Stephen Gray from County High were tasked with coming up with a brand and a product to sell.
They created Gooseberry - a new company selling gifts and luxury bath products.
Team member Gemma said: “As a young enterprise group, we have created a business selling products that we thought had the potential to sell well to the general public.
“After coming up with our company and brand name, ‘Gooseberry’, we decided to sell bath items and handmade cards as we thought that these would make great gifts.
You may also want to watch:
After a successful first day selling their brand to the public, Gemma added: “Many shoppers commented on the ‘uniqueness’ in the design of our stall, and how ‘beautifully’ we had decorated it.
“As a team we have all learnt a huge amount from this project, including lots of management skills to get everyone motivated, and a lot regarding the money side of things.”
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
The students will be in the market again this Saturday (Mar 17).