Young enterprise team enjoy successful first outing
A TEAM of young entrepreneurs enjoyed a successful first day selling their “luxury” products in Saffron Walden.
The young enterprise team, made up of Gemma Moses, Beth Pye, Zoe Villiers and Stephen Gray from County High were tasked with coming up with a brand and a product to sell.
They created Gooseberry - a new company selling gifts and luxury bath products.
Team member Gemma said: “As a young enterprise group, we have created a business selling products that we thought had the potential to sell well to the general public.
“After coming up with our company and brand name, ‘Gooseberry’, we decided to sell bath items and handmade cards as we thought that these would make great gifts.
After a successful first day selling their brand to the public, Gemma added: “Many shoppers commented on the ‘uniqueness’ in the design of our stall, and how ‘beautifully’ we had decorated it.
“As a team we have all learnt a huge amount from this project, including lots of management skills to get everyone motivated, and a lot regarding the money side of things.”
- 1 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 2 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 4 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 5 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 6 Drugs, cash and handguns seized in Essex
- 7 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Thaxted care home will light up to raise awareness of rare disorder
- 10 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
The students will be in the market again this Saturday (Mar 17).