Young enterprise team enjoy successful first outing
A TEAM of young entrepreneurs enjoyed a successful first day selling their “luxury” products in Saffron Walden.
The young enterprise team, made up of Gemma Moses, Beth Pye, Zoe Villiers and Stephen Gray from County High were tasked with coming up with a brand and a product to sell.
They created Gooseberry - a new company selling gifts and luxury bath products.
Team member Gemma said: “As a young enterprise group, we have created a business selling products that we thought had the potential to sell well to the general public.
“After coming up with our company and brand name, ‘Gooseberry’, we decided to sell bath items and handmade cards as we thought that these would make great gifts.
You may also want to watch:
After a successful first day selling their brand to the public, Gemma added: “Many shoppers commented on the ‘uniqueness’ in the design of our stall, and how ‘beautifully’ we had decorated it.
“As a team we have all learnt a huge amount from this project, including lots of management skills to get everyone motivated, and a lot regarding the money side of things.”
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 3 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 4 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 5 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 6 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 7 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 10 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups
The students will be in the market again this Saturday (Mar 17).