Young Saffron Walden musicians rock out in concert
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from the Livewire Rock Academy in Saffron Walden played a concert at the Rhodes Centre in Bishop’s Stortford.
Young musicians joined others from Dunmow and Epping to hammer out tunes by Green Day, The Cure, Black Sabbath and Motorhead, as well as some more contemporary numbers by The Slaves, Royal Blood and the Arctic Monkeys.
Spokesman for the school of rock, Paul, said: “The young musicians, some as young as seven, put on a performance worthy of their heroes and had the audience clapping along and cheering. Fronted by singer, Dean Austin, the sound was loud, uncompromising and infectious.”
One lucky person walked away from the concert with a brand new electric guitar, the top prize in the raffle. All the profit from the concert was donated to the Moreton Romanian Orphans fund.
Livewire is currently offering free taster lessons for prospective students. More details at www.livewirerockacademy.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
For video links to the concert, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vy-0zBDFnw and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poVPF0HMHEI
- 1 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 2 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 3 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 4 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 5 Essex newspapers are 'highly commended'
- 6 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 7 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 10 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings