Young woman robbed in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
A young woman was pushed to the ground and robbed of her rucksack as she walked in Stansted in the early hours of Wednesday, June 8.
The 24-year-old was walking along Church Road, just past the bridge near the train station, at 12.45am when a man grabbed her from behind, pushed her over and took her bag.
He then stole her purse from the rucksack before dumping it and walking off along Church Road.
The victim was not injured in the incident.
The purse contained a small amount of cash as well as a debit card, and officers are appealing for witnesses.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Jamie Stirland at Braintree CID on 101.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 10 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital