Your chance to sing the changes with new Saffron Walden youth choir
KEEN young singers from eight to 18 are being invited to sign up for a new youth choir launching this month in Saffron Walden. Directed by music coach, Janet Wheeler, Sign up to Sing will bring together young singers with orchestral players to perform ful
KEEN young singers from eight to 18 are being invited to sign up for a new youth choir launching this month in Saffron Walden.
Directed by music coach, Janet Wheeler, Sign up to Sing will bring together young singers with orchestral players to perform full-scale classical works.
The first concert will be a performance of Vivaldi's Gloria at St Mary's Church in April and open auditions are being held in the County High School on Saturday January 9 and Monday 11.
Mrs Wheeler said: "This exciting new venture is different in several ways - it will bring together singers from all the schools in the Walden area and give them the training needed to perform a whole choral and orchestral work.
You may also want to watch:
"Like any team challenge this is going to be tremendous fun but at the same time there will be a strong focus on vocal development and music skills, so singers will be making real progress as musicians."
You can find details of the rehearsals as well as all other info on the website www.signuptosing.org
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 6 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 7 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says