Your weekly crime round-up for Uttlesford
- Credit: Archant
Your weekly round-up of crime in Uttlesford.
• Chickens were killed by a fox after a would-be burglar left their shed door open during a break-in. The attempted burglary happened in heydon lane, Wenden Lofts, between 6pm on April 16 and 10.49am on April 18.
• Diesel was stolen from two lorries parked on the A120.
Around 400 litres were stolen from one on the Felsted stretch of the road between 8.15pm on April 18 and 7.42am the next day, while the driver was asleep in the cab, while an esitmated 150 litres were stolen from a blue Scania parked up on the Dunmow stretch between 10pm and 9.42am on the same dates.
• A car was broken into on Birchanger Lane, Birchanger, between 12am on April 14 and 2.08pm on April 15. A sat nav, CD player and iPod nano were stolen from the beige Citroen Xsara Picasso.
You may also want to watch:
• A company vehicle was damaged during an attempted break in on Shire Hill, Saffron Walden, between 12am on April 13 and 10.10am on April 15.
• Burglars stole a grey Audi S5 from a home in Thaxted Road, Wimbish, after taking the keys during a break-in at the address. The offence happened between midday and 3.11pm on April 15.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 7 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
• Number plates were stolen from a blue Mercedes E240 while in a car park in Church Road, Stansted, between 6pm on April 15 and 11.54am the following day.
• Cut logs were stolen from an address in Bush End, Hatfield Broad Oak, between 4.16 and 4.47pm on April 17.
• A badge was stolen from a blue BMW 1 Series while parked outside a home in Hallett Road, Felsted, between 12am on April 16 and 3.15pm the next day.
• Various items were stolen after burglars ransacked a home in Rylstone Way, Saffron Walden, between 7.30am on April 14 and 3.29pm on April 17.
• A BMW motorcycle was stolen from an address in Cambridge Road, Stansted, from 11.30pm pn April 16 and 12.28pm the following day.
• Burglars stole a grey Suzuki motorbike after taking the keys during a break-in at a home in Old Bell Close, Stansted, between midday on April 16 and 3.53pm the next day.
• A CCTV camera was repositioned to allow thieves to offend unseen during a raid on units at Tye Green Road, Elsenham, between 8pm on April 17 and 10.55am the next day, Plant vehicle batteries were stolen.
• Items were stolen from a building site in Tanton Road, Felsted, between 1pm on April 17 and 3.16pm the following day.
• Wheat crops were damaged at a farm in Bury Water Lane, Newport, as thieves drove a digger across fields while stealing it between 2.13pm on April 14 and 8.52am on April 18.
• Electrical garden tools were stolen from a shed in Cranham Road, Broxted, between 4pm on March 9 and 9.43am on April 18.
• Orange paint was sprayed onto a grey Ford Mondeo parked in Ickleton Road, Wenden Lofts, between 7pm on April 17 and 12.41pm the next day.
• Tools were stolen from a locked white Mercedes Sprinter van parked in Dunmow Road, Broad Oak, between 7pm on April 13 and 7.30am the next day.
• A door was kicked in in Hamel Way, Newport, at 8.43pm on April 21.
• A purse was stolen from a bag in High Street, Saffron Walden, between 12.20pm on April 20 and 11.42am the next day.
• Jewellery was stolen after burglars ransacked a home in long Horse Croft, Saffron Walden. The thieves entered by forcing the rear patio doors between 1.30-3.09pm on April 21.
• Both offside tyres were slashed on a white Vauxhall Corsa while it was parked in Beech Close, Takeley, between 12am on April 17 and 8.47pm the following day.
• Damage was caused to two Volkswagen Passats, one red and one black, in Millers Drive, Great Notley, between 9am on April 14 and 12.28pm on April 18.
Anyone with information about these crimes should call the Uttlesford and Braintree neighbourhood policing team on 101.