Athletics: Beginners group impress for Saffron Striders
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Striders beginners group took on the Kevin Henry 5k League meeting at Carver Barracks last week.
The race signalled the end of their 10-week training under coach Mike Bradley, with each doing themselves proud to seal a fifth-placed finish.
That allowed Striders to maintain their place in the table with two races left and the club hopes to see many of the beginners back at the Fast 5 Mile race.
Striders host the event at Carver Barracks on September 30 and it is open to allcomers. The club meets outside the Lord Butler Fitness & Leisure Centre every Tuesday at 7.45pm for an 8pm start, all welcome.
*Quendon Bowling Club had mixed fortunes in the Steeple Bumpstead League as two 8-2 wins were followed by 8-2 losses to Cornard A and Castle Hedingham D.
You may also want to watch:
In the North West Essex League they lost 6-2 to Elsenham A, ahead of games against Sudbury and Saffron Walden and the Richard Walters Memorial on July 29.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 5 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation