Athletics: Saffron Striders set good pace
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Striders athletes showed top form in their latest outings at the weekend.
Andrew Mynot produced another masterclass to win the Haverhill 10k title in a superb time of 36 minutes.
Tony Bacon finished in second place in 39.40, with Ian Macdougal the first vet.
Striders duo Martin Green and Andrew Flind were also inside the top 10, while Janet Lipski was first woman to finish in 47.24.
Elsewhere, Iain Henley completed the Cambridge boundary marathon in an impressive time of 3:05, with Marco Arci coming home in just over four hours.
You may also want to watch:
June Brennan, Helen Hewlett, James Hewlett, Rob Shaw, Tim Mcmahon, Matthew Billis and Gavin Long were also in action at they took on the Cambridge boundary half marathon.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 3 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 4 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 7 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 8 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month