Walden Tri youngsters impress at Eton Dorney
- Credit: Archant
Walden Tri juniors Helena Dyce and Jack Stanton-Stock impressed at the Super Series race at Eton Dorney.
Stanton-Stock came through a turbulent swim in 26th place, 20 seconds behind the leaders, but pulled himself into contention on the first lap of the bike ride.
He led the way out of the second transition, going into the run but couldn’t quite hold on and finished fourth.
Dyce produced strong swim and bike legs to start her run in 27th place, before moving up the field to finish 21st.
The pair were also in action at a smaller event at Writtle College, with both enjoying excellent open water swims.
You may also want to watch:
Both built on their leads on the bike section and had good runs to win their respective races, ahead of the next Super Series race in Hetton Lyons.
Sprint distances will be covered twice in a day, before they compete as relay teams in a bid to earn spots at the School Games in Loughborough in September.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled