Double glory for Barno
- Credit: Archant
Barnston Reserves put in two first-rate performances this week, to maintain their unbeaten start to the season.
A difficult encounter in terrible conditions was a test for Barno but to a man they rolled up their sleeves and battled for the three points against Mistley.
An early Ryan Johnson near post finish from a corner and an own goal caused by an early press saw a 2-0 half time lead.
Man of the match James Bolandi rifled in a left foot strike to make it three before the hosts pulled one back and a fantastic save late on by Luke Johnson preserved the two goal margin.
With minutes to go a Barnston break led to a calm finish by Ryan Johnson to make the final score 4-1.
You may also want to watch:
James Bolandi was name man of the match for another combative and all-action display in the middle of the park.
Barnston came back from two down at half time to deservedly take the points against Abbey Field in a 4-2 victory.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation
- 10 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
Man of the match Lee Jarvis-Brown rolled back the years with a impressive midfield display and started the comeback with a 25-yard thunderbolt.
Further goals from Ralph (2) and Johnson sealed the win.