Blomqvist begins road to F1
REIGNING Formula Renault UK Champion Tom Blomqvist will kick off his German F3 season this weekend and is excited about what 2011 may bring.
The son of rally legend Stig had a stellar 2010 bagging numerous awards and being constantly touted for a future in F1 alongside Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button.
The 17-year-old has his sigths firmly set on a second title in as many seasons: ““I am very excited to be racing in German F3 this year,” he said. “The key for both myself and my management is for me to develop as much as possible in the coming two-three years, and this year in German F3 is the next step of our long-term plan to do that.
“This season will give me the opportunity to get a massive amount of miles under my belt and I am confident that with Performance Racing we make an excellent team that has what it takes to win the title. I really can’t wait for the season to start…
“The most important part of 2011, though, is to use this season as a fast-learning year to allow me to push my understanding and driving onto the next level and help me get to the top of the sport.”
You may also want to watch:
The Saffron Walden driver will kick off the nine-weekend season on April 25 at the Oschersleben circuit in Germany.
Blomqvist will dovetail his F3 racing with a six-round stint in the FIA F3 trophy – the top three drivers be given an FIA Superlicence allowing them to compete in F1.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire