Bloods look to bloom at Biggleswade
- Credit: Archant
In-form Saffron Walden Town turn their attentions to their FA Vase on Friday when they visit Biggleswade FC.
And the Bloods will then return to Catons Lane on Tuesday when they welcome Redbridge for an Essex Senior Cup tie.
Jason Maher's men maintained their unbeaten record in the Essex Senior League with a 3-0 home win over Ilford at the weekend.
After a goalless first half, they saw Jack Leachman and Charlie Cole (2) find the net to make it nine games without league defeat and maintain a five-point lead at the top of the table.
Hot-shot striker Cole was presented with the September player of the month award by chairman Stuart Vant before kick-off, when Jamie Riley also received the August award.
You may also want to watch:
The under-18s are due to take on Histon tonight (Thursday), having lost 5-0 at home to Needham Market last week to crash out of the FA Youth Cup.
The reserves suffered a first defeat in five Thurlow Nunn League matches as they lost 2-0 at Halstead Town, who recorded their sixth straight win.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
They host Hutton in the Essex Premier Cup on Saturday.