Football: Bloods back on FA Vase duty after FA Cup exit
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Town turn their focus back on the FA Vase as they host May & Baker at Catons Lane on Saturday, having seen their FA Cup hopes shattered by St Ives Town in midweek.
The Bloods battled to a 0-0 draw against their rivals on home soil at the weekend, in front of a crowd of 521.
It was the club’s third highest home attendance in five years and the stalemate, while extending their unbeaten start to the season to nine matches, meant a replay on Tuesday.
St Ives scored either side of the break to build a 2-0 lead, before Dan Trendall pulled a goal back for Stuart Wardley’s men.
The home side netted a third goal, though, to bank the £6,000 prize money and earn a second qualifying round home tie with Grantham Town.
You may also want to watch:
Walden welcome Bakers this weekend and are then set to return to Essex Senior League action with a home match against Hullbridge on Tuesday (7.45pm).
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Town council backs new support club
- 8 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list