Saffron Walden CC ready for busy cricket week
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Cricket Club begins a busy cricket week with a junior Rainbow tournament on Sunday.
Children from under-seven to under-10 play from 9.30am at the Anglo American Playing Fields, with the under-19s facing Wanstead in the T20 Cup at midday.
The first team are then set to meet Coggeshall in the Essex T20 Foundation Cup, starting at 3pm.
Other fixtures during the week include the under-17s v Forty Club (July 23), the under-11s v West Eagles District (July 25), Club XI v Former Players (July 26) and Academy v Academy Staff (July 27).
The women take on Bury St Edmunds on July 29, after which Walden will host one of the ICC under-19 World Cup Division Two qualifiers on Monday August 6.
You may also want to watch:
The 50-over match between Guernsey and France should feature some exciting cricket and Walden has also been asked to host the final of this group on August 8. Spectators are welcome at all matches.
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 3 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 4 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 5 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 6 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 9 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
- 10 Telephone exchange fetches nearly £100,000 at auction