Cricket: Walden player selected for MCC tour duty
WALDEN wicket-keeper Charlie Knightly has been given the honour of stepping out for the MCC
WALDEN wicket-keeper Charlie Knightly has been given the honour of stepping out for the MCC for a tour in Greece starting on Sunday.
He will feature in three 50 over games and one 20 over match during a five-day schedule across Corfu. The tour will assist Greece with their preparations for the ICC European Division Two Twenty20 Championship in Belgium at the end of June.
The MCC players will also deliver special coaching sessions for primary schools and assist with the running of a regional Kwik Cricket tournament.
You may also want to watch:
MCC’s head of cricket, John Stephenson, said: “I am really pleased that Charlie has been selected for this tour, and I am certain that he will be a great ambassador.”
More to follow next week when we catch up with Charlie and find out how he got on – see saffronwaldenreporter24.co.uk.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe