Friends’s school golf day a great success
FRIENDS’ School held a golf day for parents, pupils, staff and Old Scholars at Heydon Grange golf club on Sunday.
In torrential rain 32 golfers braved the conditions to help raise money for the school parents and teachers association.
The winners of the team event were Jerry Morris and Guy Storey with 42 points closely followed by Nigel McTear and Chrispin Mills (40pts) and Harry Leggoe and Paul Leggoe (39pts).
Best score by a staff member went to school bursar David Wood. Pupil prize went to Harry Leggoe, Old Scholar prize went to Nigel McTear, and the best 9-hole score went to retired teacher Chris Smith.
The school would like to thank sponsors Harts, Hill Residential, Janet Riley, Holroyd and Barclays.
You may also want to watch:
A pleased Friends’ School headmaster, Graham Wigley said: “It was great to see so many representatives from the school braving the wet conditions to make this a successful day. This event can only grow and grow through the years.”
- 1 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 2 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 3 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 4 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 5 Essex newspapers are 'highly commended'
- 6 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 7 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 8 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 9 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 10 Audley End apple festival is this weekend