Friends’s school golf day a great success
FRIENDS’ School held a golf day for parents, pupils, staff and Old Scholars at Heydon Grange golf club on Sunday.
In torrential rain 32 golfers braved the conditions to help raise money for the school parents and teachers association.
The winners of the team event were Jerry Morris and Guy Storey with 42 points closely followed by Nigel McTear and Chrispin Mills (40pts) and Harry Leggoe and Paul Leggoe (39pts).
Best score by a staff member went to school bursar David Wood. Pupil prize went to Harry Leggoe, Old Scholar prize went to Nigel McTear, and the best 9-hole score went to retired teacher Chris Smith.
The school would like to thank sponsors Harts, Hill Residential, Janet Riley, Holroyd and Barclays.
You may also want to watch:
A pleased Friends’ School headmaster, Graham Wigley said: “It was great to see so many representatives from the school braving the wet conditions to make this a successful day. This event can only grow and grow through the years.”
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100