Golf: Tuck takes Friendship Cup at Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Olly Tuck had to produce an outstanding round of golf to carry off the Friendship Cup at Saffron Walden.
One of the oldest and most prestigious trophies at the club, it was presented to the club by 20 fighter bomber wing from USAF Weathersfield 65 years ago.
Tuck shot an impressive two under par gross 70 (nett 68) and after carding six birdies, was on course for an even more impressive score.
But dropped shots on the final two holes cost him the chance of a gross 68, although he claimed the silverware ahead of runner-up Joseph McGuire, who shot a nett 68.
McGuire had a scintillating start to his own round with three nett birdies, and his outward gross 41 was four under his handicap.
You may also want to watch:
However after dropping shots on the back nine, he had to settle for runner-up on count back.
- 1 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 2 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 3 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 4 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces