SWANs to hold Inclusion Netball sessions
- Credit: Archant
SWAN Netball Club is trying to make sure everyone can have a go at the sport.
They are holding regular Inclusion Netball sessions at Lord Butler Fitness & Leisure Centre for those aged 16 and over, with any physical or learning disability.
And the next session takes place on Sunday May 19 (11am-12pm), run by inclusion specialist and coach Bernae Ellis with SWANs coach Samantha Todd-Wickens, using adapted equipment.
The first session is free and anyone wanting further information can contact Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org
SWANs is one of nine clubs from across the country selected to become an England Netball Core Inclusion Club and chair Paula Evans said: "SWANs already runs Walking Netball and Back to Netball sessions, as well as our Junior and Senior teams.
You may also want to watch:
"And we are delighted to work with England Netball, Active Uttlesford and our community to show that netball really is a sport that anyone can participate in."
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 4 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 5 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 6 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 7 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Town council backs new support club
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire