Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- Credit: Stansted Airport
The New York Jets and Atlanta Falcons flew out of Stansted Airport after their NFL London showdown on Sunday (October 10).
After their 20-27 defeat at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium, the Jets left Stansted on board a new Airbus A350-1000 plane, Virgin Atlantic flight 627.
The Falcons left Essex on Virgin Atlantic flight 625.
Earlier in the afternoon, the Falcons claimed an early 10-0 lead against the Jets in the first quarter of their NFL London game.
The Jets began clawing back points in the second and third quarters.
By the end of the fourth quarter, the New Yorkers nudged to within seven points of the Falcons with just 17 seconds of play remaining for a final score of 20-27.
A Stansted Airport spokesperson said: "It’s the first time the airport has handled a Virgin Atlantic A350-1000."
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 3 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 4 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 5 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Children's Clothing Bank
- 6 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Uttlesford Foodbank reacts to council allowances donation decision
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road