Late hitting earns Walden 4s victory over Romsey
Late order hitting from Anthony Wiseman and Andrew Leeman inspired Saffron Walden 4s to victory over Romsey Town.
The pair put up 55 runs for the seventh wicket to push Walden from 47-6 to 102-7, with Wiseman ending on 29 and Leeman on 38.
James Buck, in at 10, added a vital 25 to ensure Walden posted a competitive total of 147.
Romsey made a quick start to the reply, reaching 23 before the first wicket fell, but good catching, first by Dan Thomas to dismiss Nick Clarke (16) and then Glyn Thomas to remove the dangerous Cameron Petrie (37), kept Walden in the game.
John Southgate took a sharp catch to complete a four-wicket haul for Ryan Deamer (4-21).
You may also want to watch:
Recovering from 98-6, Romsey had reached 121 when Leeman took another superb diving catch in the deep off Buck (3-33) before Dan Thomas took the final wicket to win the match.
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 4 Great Anglia named train operator of the year
- 5 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 6 District council urged to cancel investment
- 7 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 8 St Clare Hospice 10k run set to take place this April
- 9 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 10 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight