Athletics: Local youngsters land National Road Relays gold
- Credit: Archant
Local youngsters Lewis Buchallet and Luca McGrath struck gold at the National Road Relays in Birmingham on Saturday.
Joyce Frankland Academy pupil Buchallet and McGrath, who attends Saffron Walden County High School, ran for Cambridge & Coleridge AC at Sutton Park.
And they combined with clubmate Isaac Morris to come home in first place in the under-13 race at the prestigious event.
Morris led the trio off on the first leg and, after making a decent start, quickly took the race lead as he clocked the fastest time of the day over the 3.88k circuit.
Buchallet ran a strong second leg, holding off all challengers to ensure McGrath had the lead on the anchor leg.
You may also want to watch:
And McGrath never looked back after going off strong, finishing as a clear winner as the trio celebrated securing a stunning title.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Team Laptop launches to support children's learning