Local football round up
Local football round up
Saffron Rangers 2 Fowlmere Res 1
Saffron Rangers scored two late goals to snatch the points from last season’s
NMC 3a promotion rivals Fowlmere Res, on Saturday.
Neither side could make the break-through before half time. The deadlock was not broken until 80 minutes, when a lapse in concentration allowed Fowlmere to capitalise.
You may also want to watch:
Leke Ojumu pulled his team level from a rebound before Mat Anthony fired in the winner.
There was still time for man-of-the-match Adam Foster to pull off a brilliant diving stop to give Rangers all three points
- 1 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 4 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 5 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 New outreach Post Office for community
- 8 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 9 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 10 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
Saffron Dynamos 8 Sawston United A 1
Dynamos completed their first double of the season with an emphatic win over Sawston.
They raced into a 3-0 lead by half time, with some great pass and move football, and they did not let up their assault on the Sawston goal second half with a further five goals.
Sam Mitchell hit four, supported by Andy Sell (2), Bertie Rapkin and a debut goal for Toby Meek. The win maintains Dynamo’s second place in the table.
Dynamos travel to rivals Saffron Rangers on Saturday, 2pm kick off.
Saffron Walden Town 1 Fakenham Town 1
The young Bloods had an opportunity to put this game out of site in the first 20 minutes of the second half, but could not add to their score, and Fakenham came back well to get an equaliser, which in the end they deserved.
Sean Kirk had two good chances to score, with Fakenham also hitting the crossbar, before Theo Hutchinson gave Walden a first-half lead with a well-taken shot.
Hutchinson and Ben Weedon both hit the post with shots and Calum Laird put the ball over the bar from close range.
The Bloods were made to pay for not taking their chances and in the 71st minute Dion Fary equalised with a long range shot from 35 yards.