Local netball round up
- Credit: Archant
Local netball round up
Saffron Hawks became Chelmsford Junior League District League Champions as they chalked up their 13th win out of 13 on Saturday.
They beat second-place Chelmsford 28-24 in a close game.
Player-of-the-match Charlotte Gramlick was excellentand Julia Beletki was very good under the post being aggressive with the rebounds. Mid-court players Chloe Starr, Emily Peggs, Gaelle Daneils and Katie Bear all worked hard to move the ball down court and to pressurise their attack, while Ruby Haralambous and Olivia Alltree gave the team plenty of options and scoring at a high rate.
You may also want to watch:
Hawks 31 Flames 26
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
The Hawks started brightly with a new attacking force of Maisie King and Ella Sanders. Both linked well giving good options for the mid-court players Hayley Irwin, Lauren Woosey and Mima Wellss. Poppy Phillips and Lauma Sarkane were very able in defence. The Hawks built up a good lead though the Flames came back with a flurry in the last 2 minutes the result was never in doubt.
Hawks ladies 1s 85 Wolves Black 3
The Hawks dominated from start to finish and showed why they sit at the top of the table. Great play from Natalie Pedersen who was excellent at feeding into the circle. Ellen Butler showed her all round skills as she made played with great speed and skill of movement.
Ladies 2s 53 Braintree Jupiter 17
Hawks’ great run continued with a convincing win over Braintree. The defence was excellent with constant interceptions. The third quarter proved to be a good one for the team as they managed to make some very quick passing and incisive movements.