Local netball round up
- Credit: Archant
Local netball round up
Saffron Hawks became Chelmsford Junior League District League Champions as they chalked up their 13th win out of 13 on Saturday.
They beat second-place Chelmsford 28-24 in a close game.
Player-of-the-match Charlotte Gramlick was excellentand Julia Beletki was very good under the post being aggressive with the rebounds. Mid-court players Chloe Starr, Emily Peggs, Gaelle Daneils and Katie Bear all worked hard to move the ball down court and to pressurise their attack, while Ruby Haralambous and Olivia Alltree gave the team plenty of options and scoring at a high rate.
You may also want to watch:
Hawks 31 Flames 26
- 1 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 2 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 3 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 4 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 5 Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- 6 Walden photographers hope to snap up £100 in competition
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 9 Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- 10 Residents and business owners celebrate April 12 reopenings
The Hawks started brightly with a new attacking force of Maisie King and Ella Sanders. Both linked well giving good options for the mid-court players Hayley Irwin, Lauren Woosey and Mima Wellss. Poppy Phillips and Lauma Sarkane were very able in defence. The Hawks built up a good lead though the Flames came back with a flurry in the last 2 minutes the result was never in doubt.
Hawks ladies 1s 85 Wolves Black 3
The Hawks dominated from start to finish and showed why they sit at the top of the table. Great play from Natalie Pedersen who was excellent at feeding into the circle. Ellen Butler showed her all round skills as she made played with great speed and skill of movement.
Ladies 2s 53 Braintree Jupiter 17
Hawks’ great run continued with a convincing win over Braintree. The defence was excellent with constant interceptions. The third quarter proved to be a good one for the team as they managed to make some very quick passing and incisive movements.