Local netball round up
- Credit: Archant
Local netball round up
Saffron Hawks became Chelmsford Junior League District League Champions as they chalked up their 13th win out of 13 on Saturday.
They beat second-place Chelmsford 28-24 in a close game.
Player-of-the-match Charlotte Gramlick was excellentand Julia Beletki was very good under the post being aggressive with the rebounds. Mid-court players Chloe Starr, Emily Peggs, Gaelle Daneils and Katie Bear all worked hard to move the ball down court and to pressurise their attack, while Ruby Haralambous and Olivia Alltree gave the team plenty of options and scoring at a high rate.
You may also want to watch:
Hawks 31 Flames 26
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 7 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 10 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
The Hawks started brightly with a new attacking force of Maisie King and Ella Sanders. Both linked well giving good options for the mid-court players Hayley Irwin, Lauren Woosey and Mima Wellss. Poppy Phillips and Lauma Sarkane were very able in defence. The Hawks built up a good lead though the Flames came back with a flurry in the last 2 minutes the result was never in doubt.
Hawks ladies 1s 85 Wolves Black 3
The Hawks dominated from start to finish and showed why they sit at the top of the table. Great play from Natalie Pedersen who was excellent at feeding into the circle. Ellen Butler showed her all round skills as she made played with great speed and skill of movement.
Ladies 2s 53 Braintree Jupiter 17
Hawks’ great run continued with a convincing win over Braintree. The defence was excellent with constant interceptions. The third quarter proved to be a good one for the team as they managed to make some very quick passing and incisive movements.