No joy for Barnston at Basildon
Basildon Town 1, Barnston 0 ANOTHER improved display from Barnston was not enough to prevent Basildon taking the Essex Olympian League points, on Saturday. The visitors knocked the ball about well on the ground and kept possession well for long pe
Basildon Town 1, Barnston 0
ANOTHER improved display from Barnston was not enough to prevent Basildon taking the Essex Olympian League points, on Saturday.
The visitors knocked the ball about well on the ground and kept possession well for long periods.
In contrast, Basildon used the long ball with wind assistance and from a long clearance the winger latched onto it and crossed the ball into the crowded goalmouth and from close range Marcus Bowers made no mistake to score.
You may also want to watch:
Barnston failed to score and several chances and half chances were not put away.
Although losing, the team is knitting together and once the confidence in front of goal is solved better results should follow.
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 3 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 4 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 5 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 6 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 7 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 8 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
- 9 Telephone exchange fetches nearly £100,000 at auction
- 10 Delight as work set to start on Uttlesford's first 3G football pitch
Barnston reserves fared much better as they returned from Leigh Ramblers with a 3-0 victory.
A good all-round performance saw goals from Shaun Pickering, Dan O'Brien and Ben Turner secure their first away win of the season.
* Barnston host Southminster on Saturday, kick off 2pm, while the reserves travel to Faces FC.