Rugby: Saffron Walden U15s secure final spot
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden under-15s booked a place in the county cup final thanks to a try in the last minute against Shelford.
Walden showed some signs of rustiness, but were up for the challenge against a big Shelford squad.
Both teams boasted strong defences and the tie turned into an attritional battle, with Walden edging ahead late in the first half when Harry Vincent-West touched down in the corner.
Walden scored early in the second half too as another fine team move led to Morgan Evans going through a gap to score.
But Shelford came back strongly with a brace of tries to get back on level terms and set up a nailbiting finale.
You may also want to watch:
Walden upped the tempo and won a penalty close to the line late on.
And instead of kicking for the posts, they took a quick tap and moved the ball wide for Finn Thomas to score the winner, as Beau Longaretti was named best forward on his birthday.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 3 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 4 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 7 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 8 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month