Youth Rugby: Saffron Walden colts see off rivals in style
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden colts came out on top against Cambridge and Colchester in perfect conditions at the weekend.
Their first game against Cambridge could have gone either way, but Walden worked hard in defence and tackled well.
Then with minutes to go they went on the attack and kept running penalties, with Archie Weeks scoring a deserved winning try.
The second game of the day saw Cambridge and Colchester battle to a 12-12 draw, before Walden opened the scoring against Colchester with a long-range penalty.
Ryan Curtis followed that with a lung-bursting try from long range and another penalty made it 13-0, before man of the match Spike Walker went over to complete the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: "Colchester are a big, physical team but Walden were outstanding in defence and patient and intelligent with their kicking for territory to keep Colchester under pressure. Two great wins, well played lads."
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'