Differing emotions and results for Saffron Walden Town
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Town went through the full spectrum of emotions after two very different games in the Essex Senior League.
Saturday saw them record a fantastic 4-0 win away to Hoddesdon Town.
They were three-up by half-time and cruised to the three points in the second period. Gavin Cockman bagged two and there was one each for Craig Calver and Scott Pethers.
However, a second and much longer trip on Tuesday, away to Southend Manor, ended in controversy and bitter recriminations for the Bloods.
They had taken the lead through Dimitri Hatzimouratis and held that advantage to the break.
You may also want to watch:
They were still ahead with two minutes to go but a header from Harry Rogers brought Manor level.
And a full 10 minutes into stoppage time, the referee awarded a penalty for an infringement at a corner and Ben Allen sent the spot-kick in off the post.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 6 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 7 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 10 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
They are back at home on Saturday, hosting Walthamstow, before travelling to Bishop’s Stortford to take on Enfield on Wednesday.