Youth football round up
PUBLISHED: 11:58 09 March 2011
All the latest youth football results from the Saffron Walden and Stansted area
- Manuden won both games in a double header against Bishop Stortford, 2-0 then 5-1. Max Wilson and Fraser Alexander scored in both games and in the second goals were added by Will Davies, Rael Taylor-Sezgin and Oliver Colman.
- Just one goal settled things in Thaxted Rangers Blues’ favour as they overcame Great Notley 1-0 in the league cup semi final. Edward Wilson got the decisive score.
- Saffron Walden B lost out 7-0 to the Plantation Pumas at the weekend, Adam Whitehead scored four, Matthew Thomas two, and Jack Perring scored his first goal for the club with a long range shot that flew into the top corner.
- Plantation Panthers beat Chesterton Eagles 2-1 thanks to two second half goals from Ollie Newman to cap a rousing fightback.
- Hardwick Harriers found it tough going as Spartak 78 came to town and smashed in five goals without reply. Brad scored the first two before Sammy added a third. Strikes from Hudson and Lukas rounded off an emphatic win.
- Manuden strengthened their position at the top of the league with a 2-0 victory over second place Biggleswade. They took control from the start with a great passing game, and goals from Samuel Law and Man of the Match Dane Elliott ensured victory.
- Plantation secured a cup semi-final spot with a dramatic 2-1 win over Papworth. Liam Butt came off the bench to score twice in the last few minutes to take his side through in superb fashion.
- A spirited performance could not stop Manuden losing 7-2 away at Sawbridgeworth, Despite an own goal from a Toby Davies and a Chris McDonald strike the visitors were soundly beaten.
- Thaxted Rangers beat Meadow Youth 4-2 in a hard fought game. They came back from one-nil down in the second half with Tim Jossaume, Joe Carey (2) and Austen Domin all on target.
- Aztecs put eight past Fulbourn with the home side only able to hit one in reply. Tyler Thurgood, who later completed a hat-trick, opened the gates to a flood before Dan Bentley, Toby Goodship (2) Jack Steward (2) completed the rout.
- Goals from Freddie Jones (2), George Storey, Harry Dobney and Regan Dobne sealed a 5-2 win for Spartak at home to Willingham.
- Saffron Walden travelled back from Mildenhall with all three points after winning 3-1. Goals for the visitors came from Jack Young, Max Wightman and Dylan Reams.
- Table toppers Arbury Aces lived up their name as they beat Saffron Walden 1-0 despite a valiant effort from the visitors.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Saffron Walden Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.