Rugby: Saffron Walden under-16s win Glen Peck Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden under-16s came out on top in the annual Glen Peck Trophy memorial match against Ongar.
Peck played for both clubs and has family still currently involved at Walden, having passed away in 2012.
And Walden claimed a 24-14 victory over Ongar under-17s, who had dominated the early exchanges.
Walden settled into the game and created a chance for Beau Longaretti to power through tackles and score under the posts.
But Ongar levelled just before half time with a converted try, before Alex Keys kicked a penalty to put Walden 10-7 up.
You may also want to watch:
Number eight Olly keys went over from the base of a scrum to widen the gap, with Alex Keys pouncing on a mistake to add another try.
Ongar replied with their second try as consolation, as Josh Shear took the man of the match award for Walden after a tireless display in attack and defence in a very fitting contest.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Town council backs new support club
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport