Golf: Saffron Walden women miss out on Jean Wilkinson finals
- Credit: Archant
Two good wins at home against Ramsey and Ely City were not enough for Saffron Walden women to progress to the finals of the Jean Wilkinson Trophy.
Despite only losing one fixture, away at Newmarket, their overall score of 50 points left them in second place in the group.
Newmarket topped the pile with 64 points, as Ramsey (15) and Ely (nine) completed the line-up.
Jaine Fieldhouse led the way against Ramsey with a great 5&4 win, as Paula Munns (4&2), Jane Wagstaff (5&4) and Sue Ward (7&5) also had success.
Val Oliver continued her record of matches going to the 18th with a half, while Charlotte Pienaar, playing in the team for the first time, gave a battling display only to lose on the last in Walden’s 9-5 win.
You may also want to watch:
Fieldhouse, Munns, Oliver, Ward and Caroline Peat all maintained their winning form against Ely as Walden claimed a comfortable 10-4 victory.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 5 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation