School Sport: Henham and Ugley pupils celebrate top award
- Credit: Archant
Henham and Ugley Primary and Nursery School has been celebrating after receiving a top National School Games Mark.
Funded by Sport England and delivered by the Youth Sport Trust, the government-led programme is designed to deliver competitive school sport to millions of children.
Primary and Secondary schools are rewarded for a commitment to sports development and competition across their school and into the community.
They usually range from bronze to gold, but a select few schools, just 104 this year, received the top platinum mark, including Henham and Ugley Primary and Nursery.
Co-chair and Sports Governor Mo Park said: “Our headteacher Kim Hall, students, teachers, governors, parents, carers and the whole community embrace and value sport participation and achievement at all levels.
You may also want to watch:
“Extra special thanks go to Amber Reilly, our skilled Sports Lead who tirelessly and constantly provides an outstanding sports curriculum. We are all extremely proud of being presented with this award.”
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 3 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 4 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 7 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 8 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month