Stebbing Tennis Club holds annual Gnome Tournament for charity
- Credit: Stebbing Tennis Club
Stebbing Tennis Club re-opened its newly refurbished courts for its annual charity tournament.
The tournament, known as the Gnome Tournament, took place on Saturday, June 25.
The day start with the opening ceremony of the freshly painted courts, painted by Graham Sargood and Will Hales.
Following this, 12 duos competed against each other to win the tournament's namesake prize, a china gnome.
Tennis duo Maz Dowding and her brother Patrick Berry won the tournament.
The day raised money for Evergreens, formerly known as Dunmow Disabled Club.
In total, the club raised £500 for the charity, which aims to aid “The relief of illness, sickness and suffering of physically disabled persons resident in Dunmow”.
- 1 Essex fire crews tackle around 70 incidents in three-hour window after rain
- 2 Essex A-level results 2022: Students celebrate grades
- 3 Celebrity MasterChef 2022: Saffron Walden's Cliff Parisi battles Chris Eubank in kitchen contest
- 4 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 5 Newport man vows to protect river after round the world sailing trip
- 6 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 MP welcomes increase in police officers across Essex
- 8 Dance in the Square heading to Saffron Walden
- 9 Mischief Theatre's The Play That Goes Wrong will have you crying with laughter
- 10 IN PICTURES: Elbow's Heritage Live headline concert at Audley End House and Gardens
If you would like to find more information about Stebbing Tennis Club or are thinking about joining, the club welcomes new members and provide further information at www.stebbingtennisclub.co.uk