Swimming: Seals celebrate 100 years
A YEAR of special events lies ahead for swimmers in Saffron Walden and the surrounding area.
The Saffron Seals Amateur Swimming Club is celebrating its centenary throughout 2011 and will be using it to raise the clubs profile, gain new members and also establish itself as one of the best swimming clubs in the county.
The first event to take place is an Afternoon Tea and Photographic Display in Saffron Walden Town Hall from 2.30pm to 4.30pm on Saturday March 26.
Club fixtures secretary Fiona Coombe said: “The club has researched swimming in Saffron Walden during the past 100 years and produced some amazing photos of members and events.
“All swimmers past and present are welcome to join us for tea and cake, to reminisce and meet some of our present day members. Gareth Warwick, our new Coach, who is known to many in the area, will also be in attendance.”
You may also want to watch:
The Seals will also be participating fully in the forthcoming Saffron Walden Carnival and are organising an Invitation Gala in November, the month in which the club was actually first formed.
Further details, together with all events taking place during the year, can be found on the club website at saffronseals.org.uk.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire