Tennis: Castle Hill ready for action
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden’s Castle Hill Tennis Club are preparing for the new Essex Division One season for small teams, after winning the Division Two title last yeat.
A team of four was selected for each match from a squad of just six, who all played their part in a tough group.
Playing home ties on Castle Hill’s two grass courts, with the backdrops of Saint Mary’s Church and The Castle, the club welcomes families, juniors, beginners of all ages (over-five) and those wishing to restart their career in retirement.
Competitive men’s and mixed matches against other clubs in the area are played, with social sessions held on Wednesday (10am-noon; 5.30pm to dusk), as well as Sunday mornings from 10am.
Anyone interested in these sessions should turn up in correct clothing and trainers, equipment will be provided.
You may also want to watch:
Or you can arrange to play any time (no court fees) with other members. Contact Pete Smith on 01799 520454 or see castlehilltennisclub.co.uk.
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show