Third spot for karter Lucas
LUCAS Orrock from Sawston in his rookie year finished third in the Mobil S1 National Kart Championship at national level he drives for the Paul Carr Racing Ltd race team. The 18-year-old is in his third year of racing and his first at the national level,
LUCAS Orrock from Sawston in his rookie year finished third in the Mobil S1 National Kart Championship at national level he drives for the Paul Carr Racing Ltd race team.
The 18-year-old is in his third year of racing and his first at the national level, up until this year he had been competing at club level at circuits such as Kimbolton, Whilton Mill and PFi International in Grantham.
The S1 championship is run over six rounds and has taken him to circuits as far a field as the Lake District and Clay Pigeon race circuit in Dorset where the first round was held.
An accident in the first round saw him finish 12th, but an accident on the track cost him a finish in the second round which ultimately saw him miss out on second place in the competition.
You may also want to watch:
Orrock will receive his trophy and prize money at a dinner later in the year but the other benefit of coming third was on display at the London Cup in Hoddesdon's Rye House Circuit and that was number three plate proudly adorning his Kosmic kart.
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 3 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 4 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 5 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 6 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 7 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 8 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
- 9 Telephone exchange fetches nearly £100,000 at auction
- 10 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors