Town lose at Fakenham while Moran defends his title
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Town lost 5-2 at Fakenham in the Thurlow Nunn Premier.
Richard Chadwick scored both goals for the Bloods against the side 15th in the table, and the result leaves Town in eighth place.
This Saturday Saffron Walden host Thetford Town and there will be a minute’s applause ahead of the game for president Paul Daw who died on Saturday, March 25.
In other sports news, John Moran of Ashdon successfully defended his masters four deadlift title in King’s Lynn at the British Drugs Free Powerlifting Championship.
He set a new Eastern Division record for his age group in the process.
You may also want to watch:
John now moves forward to represent Great Britain at the world finals to be held in Antwerp, Belgium, in early June.
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Great Anglia named train operator of the year
- 4 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 5 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 6 District council urged to cancel investment
- 7 St Clare Hospice 10k run set to take place this April
- 8 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 9 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 10 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight