Triathlon: Walden six shine at Loughborough
- Credit: Archant
Walden Jnr triathletes took part in the Loughborough Assessment weekend in a bid to gain a place in the Super Series races.
Peter Cook covered an 800m swim, 20k bike and 5k run in the Junior event, as Luhan Bely, Jack Stanton-Stock, Ethan Reilly, Helena Dyce and Abbie Kerr took on half those distances in the Youth competition.
Cook swam 11mins 23secs, with Stanton-Stock (4.37), Reilly (4.54), Bely (5.20), Dyce (5.28) and Kerr (5.35) also happy with their times.
And Stanton-Stock had the second fastest bike split of the day to enter the run in second place before finishing fourth overall.
Reilly (66th) was 18 seconds ahead of Bely (70th), while Dyce produced a strong finish in the girls’ race for 25th place, with Kerr 51st.
You may also want to watch:
Cook produced a strong bike leg, avoiding a crash, and ran well to finish 48th and when results from Jersey and Scotland were collated, Stanton-Stock and Dyce had guaranteed their places.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled