Walden Wanderers youngsters to line up alongside the likes of Barcelona’s Lionel Messi
Youth football WALDEN Wanderers have been selected to launch their own monthly fundraising magazine.
After winning a competition, the Saffron Walden youth football club was picked by partner weartheshirt.com – a media business with the goal of boosting grassroots football – to launch The Wanderers.
The magazine combines news and features from the professional game with those from local clubs or teams.
Wanderers secretary Barry Benton said: “To say that we were thrilled would be a vast understatement. The product itself is very professional – a good mix of features, articles and photos.
“The boys were thrilled to see themselves in print alongside the likes of Lionel Messi.”
You may also want to watch:
Walden Wanderers, who play in the under-15 Cambridge & District Colts League, upload their own facts, figures, statistics, articles and photographs to appear in the full-colour magazine.
Wear the Shirt then adds its own touches, such as articles and competition relating to the stars (the most recent edition featuring the Champions League final) to run alongside it.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
Advertising space can also be sold to club sponsors to raise vital funds.
The scheme by Wear the Shirt is endorsed by top football stars such Robbie Savage, Dion Dublin and Chris Hughton.
There is no ‘sign-up’ fee – club’s simply design a magazine around weartheshirt’s template and purchase the amount of copies required for onward sale to players, parents and supporters.
Visit weartheshirt.com for more information.