WaldenJNR win six trophies in Basildon
- Credit: Archant
WaldenJNR was represented in the Tristar children’s categories at the Basildon Aquathlon on Saturday.
In total 26 club members took part in the swim-run event, which started in the pool before moving outside to run in 21 degrees sunshine.
The final leg of the run was held on the athletics track, in full view of the cheering supporters in the stands.
WaldenJNR athletes posted excellent times, winning six trophies and with many more finishing just outside the medals.
Kitty Hilling won the Tristar 2 girls’ race, Freddie Wardle was second and Lewis Buchallet third in the Tristar 2 boys’ category while Edward Taylor came third in Tristar 1.
You may also want to watch:
A special mention goes to Tristar Start competitors Raphael Buchallet, who followed up on his win in the Bedford duathlon with second place in this aquathlon, and Andrew de Koning, who claimed third in his first competitive outing for the club.
- 1 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 2 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 3 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 4 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 5 Essex newspapers are 'highly commended'
- 6 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 7 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 8 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 9 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 10 Winter wonderland coming to Cambridge as The North Pole ice rink returns