WaldenJNR win six trophies in Basildon
- Credit: Archant
WaldenJNR was represented in the Tristar children’s categories at the Basildon Aquathlon on Saturday.
In total 26 club members took part in the swim-run event, which started in the pool before moving outside to run in 21 degrees sunshine.
The final leg of the run was held on the athletics track, in full view of the cheering supporters in the stands.
WaldenJNR athletes posted excellent times, winning six trophies and with many more finishing just outside the medals.
Kitty Hilling won the Tristar 2 girls’ race, Freddie Wardle was second and Lewis Buchallet third in the Tristar 2 boys’ category while Edward Taylor came third in Tristar 1.
You may also want to watch:
A special mention goes to Tristar Start competitors Raphael Buchallet, who followed up on his win in the Bedford duathlon with second place in this aquathlon, and Andrew de Koning, who claimed third in his first competitive outing for the club.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100