WaldenTRI enjoy podium finishes at the Hertfordshire Triathlon Championships
- Credit: WALDEN TRI
WaldenTRI were back among the competition as they raced in the Hertfordshire Triathlon Championships.
Held at Welwyn Garden City, there were a total of nine from the club and they managed to clinch six podium finishes.
Seven raced the sprint distance, a 750m swim followed by a 20k cycle and a 5k run.
Luke Williams was seventh overall, tackling the course in one hour 13 minutes 35 seconds while Lem Lawrence won his age group in 1:17:08.
Steve Bunce was another age group winner (1:23:03) as was Cheryl Keen who beat club-mate Leanne Kermack in their category, with times of 1:27:06 and 1:35:34 respectively.
Dave Pulford (1:20:45) and Howard Williams (1:26:20) were the others.
In the standard distance race, a 1,500m swim followed by a 38k cycle and 10K run, Ivon Richmond finished in 2:23:47 with Emma Williams in 2:28:09.
- 1 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 4 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 5 New outreach Post Office for community
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 8 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 9 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
The 2021 Walden Triathlon is also open for entries and will be run in celebration of 21 years of the club with the event being COVID-19 secure.
To enter the race go to www.entrycentral.com/Walden_Triathlon